Monday, June 23, 2008

Moved at Last

So, it's been a while since I posted anything. It was pretty crazy packing up our whole lives with little Ben in the mix. We did manage to get it all done and our stuff is waiting for us in Rockford. Unfortunately we didn't have any help and Jon ended up unloading our entire truck into storage by himself. This the day after he'd loaded almost the whole truck by himself. He's quite the man and an excellent mover. I helped, but only when Ben would let me.

Jon will be in San Diego this summer teaching an MCAT preparation program for Kaplan. I'll be staying with my folks in Salt Lake. Jon and I are not looking forward to being separated, and Jon's bummed to leave Ben. Still, he's glad he can put some money in the bank since he won't have a job in Rockford and he's excited to surf.

As for Ben, he was a champ during the move. He is such a sweet baby and did about as well as could be expected when we made the drive across the country. It was pretty grueling for all three of us. We were glad to make it here safe and sound with plenty of loved ones around to help with Ben. On Wednesday the 18th, Ben's two month birthday, he had a doctor's appointment. He weighed 14 lbs. 11 3/4 oz. (97th percentile) and measured 24 inches (80th percentile). The doctor described him as husky. Ben was so cute for the whole appointment and was chatting it up and smiling at the doctor. He had to get a couple of shots, but took it pretty well. He only cried for a bit then was super pleasant when I went to show him off to my old co-workers.

That's all for now. I apologize for how long this post is. I guess that's what happens when I go so long between posts.

No comments: