Monday, August 23, 2010

Standing baby. . . sort of

I remember when Ben was a baby, that Jon and I were really excited for every new milestone.  We would go out of our way to encourage Ben to roll over, crawl, walk, whatever.  Not so with Penny.  I am just treasuring the infant phase.  She is such a sweet baby.  I do not want her to grow up.  In spite of this, Penny has gone right on ahead hitting her milestones like a champ, with little encouragement from me.  She pulled herself to a standing position last Friday.  Here it is the first time I caught it (the unclipped version, for those of you who got the text):

Note: Here’s another example of the cloth diapers Penny has been sporting of late, as mentioned in my last post.

In the meantime, Ben has gone on being his rambunctious self.  In general, I’d say he’s pretty good for a two year old.  He’s even doing better in stores these days.  He’ll help me shop and be pretty sweet, with a couple of notable exceptions.  For some reason he is terrible in Joann’s.  He refuses to ride in the cart and runs up and down the aisles and won’t listen to anything I say.  Also, he is not good in sporting goods stores, but who can blame him.  He took off while we were there the other day and I tracked him down in the football gear.  With a little help from mommy, he got ready for the football season:

1 comment:

Geri said...

We love the clip of Penny and that she is going after the love rat. Ben is adorable too in the football gear. Thanks for the posts and happy belated anniversary.