Monday, May 12, 2008

Our baby really is the best

So, we know that our baby is the cutest and greatest thing on the planet and we've created this blog so the whole world can know that as well. I make no guarantees that I'll be super diligent in updating things, but I'll do my best to document our little guy's progress.

To catch everyone up on things so far: Benjamin Danvers Willes joined our family on April 18, 2008 weighing in at 8 lbs 12 oz and measuring 22 inches long. He's our little big man, and he's just adorable. He's extremely strong and seems to be unaware of the fact that newborns aren't supposed to be able to lift their heads up and such. He loves to be held as much as possible. His mommy and daddy are generally willing to oblige. Jon and I feel so blessed to have this precious little guy in our lives. We've been overwhelmed by the love that he has brought into our lives.

Ben is now 3 weeks old. At his last appointment, just before he hit the 3 week mark, he weighed 10 lbs 5 oz, so he seems to be growing really well. It turns out he's a really good eater. If he's not sleeping, he pretty much wants to be eating.

As for Jon and me, Jon is just about done with his first year of medical school. I'm adjusting to life as a mother, and generally enjoying it. Jon and I will be moving this summer for the 2nd through 4th years of medical school and Jon will be teaching an MCAT program in San Diego. It's a great opportunity, but we're going to have to be separated for six weeks, which will be tough.

So, that's the gyst for now.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I posted a comment the other day but I've been told it didn't show up so here goes again. Ben is SO advanced it's ridiculous. I loved watching him roll over. I love all his cheeks and chins. He looks so healthy and happy and like he's got two people in Champaign right where he wants them. Go Ben Go!! I love you
Nammy