Saturday, May 17, 2008

They just grow up so fast

I realize I'm pretty new to the whole motherhood thing, but I can't believe how quickly time passes. Ben was four weeks old as of yesterday. I guess he realized it was a big day because he pulled a couple new tricks out of his hat. First, he just kept laughing all day. He'd laughed the day before that, but I just figured it was a fluke. He's been smiling for a while now, but mostly in his sleep. Sometimes he'll give Jon or me a big smile, but rarely long enough to get a good picture. Anyway, he doesn't really laugh in response to anything, just in his sleep. He kept laughing either when he was first falling asleep or just waking up. It was pretty stinking adorable. We tried really hard to catch it on video, but you know how babies are. He always stopped laughing as soon as we pulled out the camera and started up again as soon as we turned it off.

Also, last night, the little guy rolled over from his tummy to his back. We didn't catch the first time on tape, but we did get number two. We kind of thought it was a fluke at first, but he appears to have figured it out as he gave a repeat performance. I guess it's kind of like water skiing, it's really frustrating when you can't do it, but as soon as you figure it out, it sort of clicks and you can keep doing it. I'll try and upload the video of him rolling over as soon as Jon can help me. Turns out our high tech camera needs to be converted so other people can watch the videos and I don't know how to do that.

No comments: