Sunday, July 27, 2008

DADDY!!!

Ben and I went down to see Daddy in San Diego for a couple of days. We had such a good time. Unfortunately, we didn't get many pictures as we were much more interested in spending lots of quality time together. Ben and I were really sad to leave and Jon was pretty sad to see us go. We did get to go to the beach. Ben loved the sound of the waves. Jon held Ben while I tried to surf for the third time ever (all three times with Jon in San Diego, the other two times being pretty much our first dates). It was a little intimidating without Jon in the water telling me what to do since he had to watch Ben. I did manage to get up a couple of times, but I only catch the waves after they've broken. I think I got a feel for the wave and the board, but my arms were so sore from carrying Ben to the beach from the dorms that I didn't quite have the energy to push myself up more than a couple of times. Anyway, Jon and I switched off and Ben and I got to watch him catch a couple of waves. He's such a stud, and an awesome teacher as his students and co-workers were constantly telling me.



Jon with Ben looking super tan and trim and a little bit drowsy. It's a little hard to tell, but Ben's shirt says "Daddy rocks". Ben was so excited to see Jon and was so sweet with him. It was so good to see him, but it made us realize how much we miss daddy when he's not around.


Another shot of Jon and Ben. Sometimes it looks like Ben has a hint of a dimple on his left cheek. I think it's hidden under all the fat.


Ben sitting on daddy's tummy . . .


and enjoying some daddy finger. His hair has continued to fall out and is now coming in blonde. I guess he's going to try out all of the hair colors before he settles on one.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

He is so cute! I'm glad you guys got some quality time together. I'm sure Ben was paying attention and will become an awesome surfer someday.

Jon said...

Hey, i had no idea that ben had such an attractive father, but does he always look that stoned?