Monday, August 18, 2008

Rocking Rockford

So, I kind of get the feeling that people don't actually read my posts and are much more interested in the pictures. Not that I blame anyone for that, Ben is really adorable and I don't have that many great things to say. Anyway, I mention this because this post is going to be sadly picture-less. I just wanted to let people know that we are finally settled back together as a family in Rockford, IL, which is in Northern Illinios. We're actually pretty close to Wisconsin. We will be here for the next three years for 2nd through 4th years of Medical School.

Jon is pumped about this year of school, apparently his teachers seem a lot more caring, organized, and professional than last year. He's already started to do some prep for the USMLE boards that he has to take next summer in order to become a third year. He wants to do really well on it as that is something that residencies look at.

Our place is great apart from the mold growing in the basement. Jon has been working on cleaning that up so that our basement can house humans. He did a really good job cleaning the laundry room so that I could do the mountain of wash that had piled up over our first couple of days here. It was an interesting problem for me to encounter as I've always lived in such dry climates that mold growing on the walls was never a problem.

Ben seems to be adjusting to the new environment pretty well. He loves having his daddy around. We're trying to buy him a crib as he is much to big for his cradle now. I haven't had him weighed recently, although today is his 4 month birthday. I'm working on getting him a pediatrician. Jon's been asking the doctors at school who he should go to. Anyway, he is stinking adorable and so big. He loves to try and sit up and can do it for a couple of seconds at a time. He's even started to correct a little bit when he starts to lean off to the side. Unfortunately, he hasn't quite figured out that he can't kick his legs out and try to stand up or he will fall down. He's become pretty adept at grabbing things within his reach and promptly trying to put them in his mouth.

I'll post pictures and hopefully some video as soon as I can get around to it, but it might not be until the weekend.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I read too! Glad you guys are getting settled. Humid climates bring all sorts of surprises. Can't wait to see more pics of Ben.

Karen said...

I love your blog, Chels. We miss you and Ben SO much. I Miss your calm, sweet presence and watching X files with you. I Miss Ben's cheeks. Go Jon go on that mold. You are amazing for doing that. Love to you all three
Mom