Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hooray for the Holidays

So, I decided it was about time to post about Thanksgiving.  And, since Ben, Jon, and I are trapped inside enjoying a snow day, I figured today was a good day to post.  I haven’t been taking a ton of pictures lately, but we do have a couple from Thanksgiving and from today.

Thanksgiving was just the three of us.  It was actually lots of fun.  Jon helped keep Ben out of my hair when he wasn’t helping me cook.  Ben really likes to pitch in and “help” with the cooking too.  Sometimes I put him in the sling so he can stir and watch.  These aren’t my best pictures, but I feel that being pregnant and slaving away in the hot kitchen all day are a decent excuse to look a little under the weather.  Plus, it’s really about the food isn’t it?

Ben chilling in the sling:

IMG_1297 IMG_1300

And the spread:

Everything was quite delicious, if I do say so myself.  We had to feed Ben a snack shortly before the meal so he didn’t eat a ton.  He did love the leftovers, though.  He gobbled them up every time we served them to him, even the vegetables.  So that was a major win.

As for today, we decided to take Ben outside in his first snowstorm.  It took about 45 minutes to get everyone all bundled up and then Ben was a little bit freaked out by the whole thing.  I don’t think it helped that we have about 6 inches of snow and it was really windy.  The snow in his face really bothered him, but he still wanted to be outside.  We’ll probably try taking him outside again later when it stops snowing.  Regardless of how much he enjoyed it, he looked really cute in his snow outfit.

I’ll try and upload some videos later.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ben looks really cute.

Karen said...

Wow...what an impressive Thanksgiving spread! Good work all of you...mostly Chelsea. I think you look amazing. I love the snow pictures. I Hope you had hot chocolate afterward:)
love you
Mom

Erica and Dan Kiefer said...

Chelsea, you look great! I hope I look as good as you with my second baby! you're almost there then, right? unless you've had the baby since you posted. Anyway, good luck!! Merry Christmas!
Ps: Rugby girls update: did you know Beth married Cheslea's brother, Brett? and Kara is getting married this week, i think!