Sunday, August 31, 2008

Getting Settled, oh, and Ben's Adorable

So, I know people are itching for pictures of Ben. It has been a while since I posted any pictures or video. Unfortunately, our desktop is acting crazy and that's where all our pictures and videos are. I did finally put a whole bunch of stuff on Jon's laptop last night, so I'm hoping to get a bunch of pictures and videos up today.

As for news, Jon found us a great pediatrician who is also a teacher at the med school. We went in for Ben's 4 month check-up on August 21st. Big Ben tipped the scales at 18 lbs. 4 oz. which is 95th percentile for his age. He was 26 inches long which is about 80th percentile. The doctor said that he is really strong. Probably on account of when he went to bend Ben's knees to check his hips, Ben decided he didn't want to bend his knees and the doc really had to wrestle him. Anyway, Ben is still in the phase where he loves strangers and makes new friends everywhere he goes. He smiles at everyone. The doc says that usually changes at 6 months when stranger danger sets in. I guess we'll see.

Ben's newest tricks are that he learned to blow raspberries which has increased the amount of drool on his shirt and on me from substantial to epic. He is a total chatterbox and is pretty darn good at grabbing his toys and doing everything in his power to get them in his mouth.

As for Jon and me, we're doing great. Jon's enjoying school and loving being a dad. I love spending time with Ben and I always look forward to Jon coming home every day. I'm adjusting to being home every day. It's easier for me to procrastinate doing productive things, so I'm trying to teach myself not to procrastinate. Anyway, keep an eye out for pictures and videos, hopefully later today.

No comments: