Monday, April 13, 2009

Zac Efron on SNL

OK, so maybe I'm admitting to something I probably shouldn't admit here, but I'm a big fan of High School Musical. As such, I have a bit of a fan crush on Zac Efron. Some of you may think less of me for it, but I definitely don't hide the fact. Anyway, Zac hosted SNL on Saturday night, so I taped it and watched it in spite of my thinking that SNL really isn't very funny these days. I was right. Pretty much the only funny parts were the opening monologue and the skit making fun of High School Musical. I embedded those two clips for your viewing pleasure. I always think it's great when actor's can make fun of themselves. The opening monologue just makes fun of the fact that all of Zac's fans are girls between the ages of 7 and 13 (the tweens). And of course, me.



The High School Musical sketch is pretty funny, especially for those of you who feel the same way about musicals that Jon does. I love them, well not all of them, but a lot of them. Jon thinks they're awkward and silly. Don't get me wrong, it is a little odd for people to randomly start singing and dancing. Obviously that never happens in real life, but a girl can dream, right? Anyway, musical-haters and musical-lovers alike can still get a kick out of how absurd it is when you think about it. It may not be quite as funny if you haven't seen the movie.



I know I promised Easter pictures to some. I promise, they'll be up ASAP, hopefully tomorrow. Ben was struggling tonight, so I didn't get a chance to upload the new photos.

3 comments:

Dani said...

um, TOTALLY watch SNL with Zac attack too! Good stuff.

Geri said...

Chelsea,
I got a huge kick out of this. Of course it can't compare to Ben but it was fun. After your comment about musicals in real life I thought you might enjoy this site.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4816051/12849087

Love ya,
Geri

Unknown said...

My problem with musicals was watching a few minutes of 'Cop Rock' decades ago. Scarred for life. Still, I have no problem with the Zac Efron thing if that can somehow get us past the John Elway thing.